Here is the legislation I promise I will introduce when I am elected to the FL. Legislature District 89:
- 1) All Florida residents must get a permit to buy a gun, and only after completing a rigorous and strengthened universal background check and to register the weapon once they complete the purchase;
- 2) All Florida residents must get a permit to carry a concealed rifle or shotgun and again only after completing a rigorous and strengthened universal background check and to register the weapon once they complete the permitting process;
- 3) All Florida residents shall be limited to the number of guns one person can acquire;
- 4) Florida shall ban the sale of all assault weapons and military-style weapons and the amount of ammunition one can buy for them;
- 5) All devices that can be used to convert semi automatic guns to automatic or close to automatic weapons shall be banned for sale in Florida
- 6) All persons in Florida who want to sell guns must be licensed;
- 7) Close the “Boyfriend Loophole” and prohibit gun possession for those with felony or misdemeanor domestic violence and stalking convictions, and protection from abuse orders;
- 8) Ban the purchase and possession of armor-piercing bullets;
- 9) Ban all gun and ammunition purchases for known foreign and domestic terrorists.
We need to start to end the mass murder of our children
I think this legislation is a beginning. And to those that say the legislation that I intend to champion may violate the 2nd Amendment, too bad. The constitution is not a death pact for our children. I will take a page from the forced-birthers. These bills must be passed and if challenged defended and if declared unconstitutional then rewritten and passed again. We must start this process and hopefully get courts to recognize that these assault weapons must be removed from the market and guns must be regulated.